The Senior Software Developer will work closely with the Product, Architecture and Quality Assurance teams to ensure that solution design and released code meet client expectations.
- Responsible for the design and development of cloud native, multi-tenant SaaS applications.
- Interpret written functional requirements and technical design documents.
- Participate in software design activities.
- Perform coding to written design specifications.
- Perform unit and functional testing of all code written and collaborate with our Quality Assurance team on test plans.
- Investigate, analyze, document and correct reported defects.
- Create, document, and implement unit test plans, scripts.
- Full stack development, must be familiar with relational database architecture.
- Work collaboratively in an open environment using distribute version control and “ticketed” support and team development systems.
- Remain current with latest a technologies and collaborate on incorporating them into our environment.
- Use Agile Software Development practices and operate in a CI/CD delivery approach.
- Must be a self-starter able to work independently on tickets, while being flexible enough to context switch in order to solve a customer issue in an evolving environment.
- 7+ years of commercial software development experience.
- 3+ years of experience leading development efforts or teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar discipline or equivalent experience.
- Experience building high volume/traffic applications.
- Broad experience across multiple technology stacks is desirable.
- Expertise, fluency, and deep knowledge of Java or JVM based languages is required.
- Familiarity with more than one programming language is an advantage.
- Experience with Python other scripting languages is desirable.
- Solid working knowledge and experience applying OO principles.
- Experience developing microservices is an advantage.
- Proficiency and experience working with Azure or other public cloud infrastructure is preferred.
- Familiarity with both SQL & NoSQL datastores.
- Experience with high volume transactional systems.
- Experience with test driven development.
- Experience integrating with 3rd party API’s, e.g., in the social media space.
- Solid background in SDLC, from building, testing, quality to release (e.g., Maven, Junit, Cucumber, Sonar, Clover, Flyway, Liquibase, etc.)
- Experience with continuous integration, code coverage tools, source control management tools (e.g., Jira, Github, Bamboo, Jenkins or Azure DevOps, Artifactory, Crucible, etc).
- Skilled in designing & managing datastores with databases such as MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB, Redis etc.
- Proficient in DevOps/Continuous Delivery and related tools (Puppet, Chef, Terraform, Jenkins, Azure DevOps etc).
- Preferred experience developing cloud-based solutions with good knowledge in web/application servers (Nginx, Apache, Netty, Undertow etc).
Interested candidates can apply online or email your CV to email@example.com