This is an exciting time to work for our company as we develop some of the most challenging and transformative technology projects the organization has ever seen. You'll have a chance to shape the future and join us in our goal to develop exceptional cloud infrastructure to support our company's collaborative Commerce Platform.
Our Cloud Engineering teams are tasked with building the core cloud infrastructure which will support critical components of the platform. Senior DevOps Engineers take a lead in the infrastructure design for the company platform components and are key contributors to the reliability of the platform. People in this critical role have the challenging and rewarding responsibility of executing on the cloud strategy for the platform and drive innovation.
- Create and maintain Infrastructure as Code
- Automate work to manage engineering, test and production environments
- Mentor and train junior engineers in the team and play an active role on talent development
- Use standard tools and processes to deploy code and support environments, including support for quality assurance, monitoring, incident management, and backup and disaster recovery
- Manage requests for change in accordance with platform strategy, standards and governance
- Ensure environments comply with standards for security such as scanning, patching and encryption
- Keep current with evolving cloud technology and implement improvements to the hosting standards
- Proactively identify and mitigate risks on the running environments.
- Other duties as reasonably directed
- Adhere to all company policies
- Take all reasonable care to ensure that your actions or omissions do not impact on the health and safety of yourself and others in the workplace
- Recognize the dignity and respect of every team member and actively contributing and maintaining a work environment which is free from harassment, sexual harassment and discrimination.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- 5+ years of experience in a combination of software development and DevOps/Cloud engineering role.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with cloud technologies, preferably Microsoft and AWS.
- Experience implementing DevOps principles in larger organizations/large scale.
- Experience working with Agile teams and collaborating with multi-function teams to deliver projects.
- Track record of delivering modern cloud-native solutions.
- Deep knowledge and proficiency with at least one public cloud provider. (Candidates with Azure experience will have an advantage.)
- Expertise at programming/scripting with languages like Python, Groovy, Bash, Go, PowerShell, ruby etc.
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes is preferred.
- Expert knowledge of Linux operating system but able to comfortably work on windows servers, as well.
- Experience in designing CI/CD pipelines using tools/services like Git, Jenkins Pipeline, Artifactory, Sonar, Gitlab, Azure DevOps, etc.
- Experience with Terraform or similar declarative “Infrastructure as Code” tools is highly desired
- Experience with orchestration and system configuration tools such as Puppet, Chef, ARM templates, CloudFormation, etc.
- Very good Networking Knowledge (HTTP/TCP/UDP)
- Expert knowledge and experience with web hosting and running micro services - Nginx, Apache HTTPD, Reverse Proxy servers, Load Balancing standards
- Understanding of database systems - SQL, RDBMS, NoSQL
- Experience in designing highly scalable and secure web servers - caching standards, CDNs, web application firewalls.
Preferred Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to propose simple yet creative and effective solutions to difficult issues.
- A strong proactive problem solver who can make excellent use and interpret our tooling to improve performance/services.
- Good communication and analytical skills.
- Highly effective team player and collaborate well with both internal and external teams.
- Demonstrates modesty and humility.
- High levels of conscientiousness.
- Good Command of English.
Interested candidates can apply online or email your CV to email@example.com