Be an ambassador of the Technical Roadmap of the Company for the local teams. Research on new technologies, advancements and industry improvement in order to stay abreast of the latest developments and enhance the success of the company. Ensure the Development Teams produce high quality, high stability code and designs by following software engineering best practices. Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to design and launch new features. Understanding and implementation of security measures to ensure data protection. Maintain Code Repos and Version Control.
- Create an environment within the team that embraces independence, creative thinking, innovation, commercial-mindedness and personal development, ensuring global collaboration within the function happens at peer level and within the in-region team.
- Present practical input for strategic technology decisions.
- Support preparation of Technology Roadmap.
- Comply with all professional departmental as well as company best practices.
- Complete performance reviews and develop performance plans for direct reports.
- Provide project management backup when required.
- Manages continuing support and provides system metrics for client facing products.
- Conduct regular meetings with direct reports to discuss, review the compliance of best practices, technology adaptation of the development teams.
- Continually look to explore new frameworks and design patterns that help us deliver solutions that excite our client's customers.
- Collaboratively working as part of a multi-disciplined feature team to design and implement software solutions to client challenges.
- Developing clean, well-tested code through production.
- Work with business analysts to translate client requirements into working software.
- Use the latest technologies and methodologies to deliver a broad range of high-quality reactive software for this decade and the next .
- Bachelors or master’s level qualifications in Computer Science or Software Engineering Disciplines
- 15+ years of Industry experience in Java-J2EE Development in commercial software development environments
- 4-5 years of experience in Tech Lead capacity
- Good Knowledge in SQL and exposure to MySQL, PostgreSQL, MariaDB and MongoDB.
- Experience in API gateways and Enterprise service bus technologies such as Azure API manager and WSO2 enterprise integrator.
- J2EE framework and data architectures.
- Solid experience with containerized solutions and a strong working knowledge of both Docker and Kubernetes.
- Understanding and experience in Build tools such as Jenkins, CI/CD practices & version control technologies such as GITHUB.
- Possess advanced knowledge of object-oriented design and development (OOA/OOD) and the
- Experience working with and applying Design patterns to solve problems.
- Demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills.
Preferred Skills & Abilities:
- Experience managing Cloud Servers, Web Services and API.
- Knowledge in all stages of software development life cycle.
- Knowledge in test automation tools and design patterns.
- Experience in working with project management tools such as Jira and development methodologies such as Agile-Scrum.
- Able to build productive work relationships with colleagues.
- Strong critical thinking skills and contribute high level architectural discussions.
- Has good command of English and communication skills.
- Be result oriented and focused aligning technologies around product vision and objectives.
- Experience in working with overseas customers and stakeholders will be an added advantage.
Interested candidates can apply online or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org